So, Nuclear Dawn is going to blend RTS and FPS in titillating ways that no game has pulled off before. It’s set in post-apocalyptic real-world cities, and it features a carefully balanced class-based combat system.
It takes more than awesome to make a game, however, so here’s a more detailed look at some of Nuclear Dawn’s other features:
- Achievements: with a tiered achievements system that unlocks new weapons and abilities on completion of specific objectives, it will be a while before players unlock their favourite classes’ full potential, and even longer before every secret, power-up and hidden weapon is in their greedy, murderous hands.
- Ranks: based on real world military rank progression, Nuclear Dawn features many a star, stripe and ribbon. Every kill, save, assist, capture and well-placed explosion will fuel the player’s progress through one of the toughest ladders in the world; rank progression in Nuclear Dawn becomes exponentially more difficult with each level, and reaching the coveted Commander and (for those who truly have no life) General ranks will be a matter of pride, not of fact.
- Full-featured game modes: Nuclear Dawn sports several game modes that do more than rehash the old capture the flag or deathmatch thing. There are, in fact, no flags to be found in the nanite-blasted cities of the future. Explore a whole new world of devastation and survival, with a gaming experience that goes from simple deathmatch to advanced, team-based Spearhead assault.
- Vehicular Combat: not only does Nuclear Dawn have machine guns, pulse cannons, flamethrowers and turrets, it also has tanks, APCs and sneaky black ops support vehicles that elevate combat to a whole new level – the level where you get to run for your life against a fully armoured assault vehicle.
- 32 Player Battles: it’s hard to do apocalyptic on a small scale, so we’re made sure that the full Warfare mode supports up to 32 players, 16 on each side. It’s a big world out there, and it’s teeming with enemies.
- Steam Powered: Steam is more than just a delivery platform, and Nuclear Dawn takes full advantage of every single trick in its bag, including:
- Steam Cloud to save your options and preferences, ranks and progression to have them just the way you like from any PC and reinstall.
- Steamworks to power achievements, account unlocks and community features on our Steam profile, because bragging is good for the soul.
- Social Gaming and full contact browser integration allow you to find your friends and join their games without having to deal with server names or IPs. Chat, or just plain talk, with your team mates in between games, or across several servers – the more the merrier!
- Cross Platform Support. With the most recent engine upgrades to the Source platform, you will be able to play Nuclear Dawn on both the Mac and PC, to play against users from both worlds, and to access both versions of the game from a single purchase.
- XBOX 360 Support: your console is not apocalypse-free, and Nuclear Dawn is headed your way as well, with a full payload of expansions and updates, after the PC version.
Stay tuned for more details on the game’s levels, weapons and player classes. Checkout our media gallery for more new screenshots. For more information and exclusive images, please visit our development blog at:http://www.nucleardawnthegame.com/blog/ and address all press or marketing enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org